CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Back !!!!!






Sorry I haven't posted anything lately, I have been very busy with running to Virginia Tech twice in the past three weeks, my father going to the hospital for phnemonia, planting the garden and mowing grass. Not to mention my PC is sooooo sloooow it takes forever to upload pics. I'm trying to save some money to buy a new PC, but I keep buying stamping stuff instead. I just can't help myself LOL.






But, I did find time to attend a stamping class last week. The class was all about faux finishes. This card is faux leather and a great masculine card for Father's Day.




First, you take a piece of white CS and cover it with small torn pieces of tan masking tape. Cover the entire piece and trim the edges. Then take a creamy carmel stamp pad and use a brayer or just take the stamp pad and rub a light coat of ink over the masking tape. Then take a chocolate chip stamp pad and do the same thing. This brings out the contrast against the tape. After you've done this, take clear embossing powder and cover the entire piece before it dries. Then use your heat gun to set. Really simple and it looks great. In this card I used Kraft, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla CS. The image is SU's Noble Deer and Sincere Salutation sets. I used clear embossing powder on the deer also, just to give it some deepth. That's it.



I will be posting a few more cards with faux finishes this weekend. We did a mother of pearl, linen, faux stitching and made our own tags that looked like they have a metal rim. I think I like the leather look the best.



O yea, I want to thank Lynn Black (aka. stampinlynn) from SCS for sending me a Birthday RAK. It was such a nice surprise to get a birthday card from someone who doesn't even know you, Thanks Lynn. Love the glitter.....





OK it's 11:30 pm and I have to go to work tomorrow, so I'd better sign off for now.



No comments: