CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 9, 2007

Just Chicken In

I hope everyone had a great Easter!! It was very quite at our house this year. My oldest daughter (Tracy) attends college at Virginia Tech and couldn't make it home for Easter this year. Our other daughter (Sara), worked the night before and slept most of the morning away. What happened to those little kids that couldn't wait to see what the Easter Bunny brought??


I thought I would post this cute get well card I made at a card class. All of the cards at this class were done with punches. I just love punches, you can do so many great things.
Recipe:
Card Stock: Real Red, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Only Orange and Close to Cocoa
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel
Punch: 1 1/4" circle, 3/4" circle, Spring Bouquet Flower punch, small oval and 1/8" punch.
Stamp Set: SU Best of Cluck
The creamy caramel was sponged around the chickens circle to soften the edges. We used to of the daisy flowers punched from the spring bouquet punch, for the feet and the cone on the chickens head. You need to cut a little triangle piece for the beak. The small oval punch was folded in half to give the wing a little deminsion. We made 5 different cards, all from punches. I think you can see how to assemble the card, it's pretty easy after you see the card.
OK, I have to finish cleaning up the dinner dishes, pack lunches and watch a little TV (of course) before it gets to late. I hope everyone has a great Monday!!

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a cute little chick card! I just finished adding your blog link to Splitcoastbloggers. Happy Blogging!
-Julee T.