CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 13, 2007

Hoppy Birthday

I have a Birthday open house to go to tomorrow and I was going to stay home and make a card. But, the local craft stores were calling my name, LOL. I thought I could go for a couple of hours and get back home to make a card, wrong! You see, I have every other Friday off were I work, we work 9 hour days and get every other Friday off. Works out great to have a day all to yourself. So anyway, I left the house at 8:00 and didn't get back until 5:00. I went to Michael's, A. C. Moore and a local scrapbooking speciality store. I found a couple of good deals, A. C. Moore had a lot of their punches on clearance, I bought 2. As for Michael's, same old thing, nothing new yet. They have cleared out some of the isles for new things, just haven't stocked the shelves yet. I keep waiting for the new Cuttlebug stuff to show up in the stores, I wish they'd hurry up.


I did find some new stamps at the scrapbooking store. I had never seen them before, there called "See - D's". You put them on clear acrylic blocks, but the stamps are purple rubber, not see thru. They had 20 or so sets and there's 20 - 30 stamps in a set for $7.99, what a deal. So I picked up three sets to try out.

Here's a card I made at a workshop a few weeks ago, Hoppy Birthday. The frog is made with large and small oval punches. I think I might use Mr. Froggy for the birthday card I need for tomorrow. Isn't he cute!
On April 29th, I'm going to a Stamping Festival given by local SU demonstrators in the area. I can hardly wait to see what we will be making. I talked to one of the girls and she said they have 60 people signed up to go to the Festival. We're suppose to make 6 cards and lots of door prizes, used stamp table, card swaps and more. Should be a good time.

OK time to get something done, like dinner, laundry and cleaning, Oh wait this is Friday, I have two more days to get that stuff done, yippee.


No comments: